Monday, August 18, 2014

Saturday, 8/9/14 - Saturday, 8/16/14

Saturday
·         How did I help others today?
Today we didn’t find our referral home but we met a lady named Lee who is friends with the Dees’ in our ward and also Sister Webster. We were able to teach her a bit and give her a Book of Mormon. We also gave away 3 other copies of the Book of Mormon in that neighborhood. Didn’t have much else happen the rest of the day. We did also have basketball so that was good. It’s always good getting all those kids into a good environment.
·         What did I learn?
We actually went to a Catholic mass today which was very interesting to see. I knew they believe the bread and wine are actually Christ’s body and blood but it was interesting to see that they bow to the bread and wine every time they go up onto the stage or leave the stage
·         How did someone help me?
At the Catholic church they were very friendly and I am always comfortable but they helped me see how I need to treat visitors of our church.

Sunday
·         How did I help others today?
Today Brother Brown wasn’t feeling too well so we went and visited him to see how we could help him. We ended up just having a really good talk but maybe that’s what he needed. We also went to visit a recent convert that just moved to the ward. Welcomed him to Theodore. Unfortunately he will be moving out in a couple weeks. His name is Damarcus.

Monday 
·         How did I help others today?
We were able to have a dinner with the Willet’s then after we had a great message with them about prayer. Unfortunately everything else fell through.
·         What did I learn today?
I learned that the Book of Enos alone can answer just about any question of your soul.
·         How did someone help me?
Tonight Brother Evans took us out to our appointment and that fell through. So he ended up driving us to a couple other places. Those didn’t work out either but it was good to have a member with us.

Tuesday
·         How did I help others today?
Today I was in Pascagoula on an exchange with Elder Danner. We had a great dinner with the Killgo’s. They are a part member family and I had an extensive conversation about the Gospel. He has some extraterrestrial beliefs about God but it was an uplifting conversation. Then we watched #BecauseOfHm and that really brought the spirit.
·         What did Iearn?
We went to a Book of Mormon study class tonight. First off I want to do that when I get home more often. I learned that back then in the Book of Mormon times things weren’t too different. Of course there was less technology but they still had a lot of the same troubles we do. We read Mosiah 26 by the way. It is very good.
·         How did someone help me?
Elder Danner helped me get my mind off of the hard things in missionary work and we had a ton of good laughs. Broke a credit card reader at Sonic, talked in southern accents for a long time, tried to improve our rapping skills, and had a great night talk. Great exchange!

Wednesday
·         How did I help others today?
Today we had a great lesson with the Crouthamel’s! They are such a great family. They are both converts. Brother Crouthamel was baptized a little over a year ago. I knew Elder Lane who was one of the missionaries who taught him. We called him “The Lamanite” because he is Native American. Flint and Lilly were as energetic as always. Anyway we taught about Christ’s atonement and worthiness. It was great. I really hope it helped.
·         What did I learn?
I learned that 1 Corinthians 15 explains resurrection so clearly! If you understand the chapter it helps to understand baptisms for the dead as well.
·         How did someone help me?
Elder Bochenek took charge of the member MTC we are doing and that was nice. It helped me to not be overwhelmed.

Thursday 
·         How did I help others today?
Today we met a lady named Shartoscha. I can’t even remember how to pronounce it. Great lady! She seemed open to learn about the Gospel. We set up a time to go back as well. Then we talked with Nedgie. She is completely active but neither of us had even met her. She is Sister Hunter’s daughter. We are going to go over there and try to get her husband going strong again.
·         What did I learn?
I learned that I am so lucky. Recently we have had a lot of people requesting their names off the Church records, 6 to be exact. I see that most of them fell away in younger years and grew bitter. So I say I am lucky because that could have been what happened to me.
·         How did someone help me?
The Constantine’s helped me a lot today. They helped me to relax and gather myself. Brother Constantine said something really funny too. We were talking about a super hero, don’t remember which, and he said, “He was formed by a chemical explosion”. Then I jokingly said, “That’s what happened to me.” Then he replied with, “Yeah, a chemical explosion called conception.” Ha ha so funny!

Friday 
·         How did I help others today?
Today we had a great lesson with Kelsey. She was a bit quiet but it went pretty well. After the lesson we texted her a bit and she actually is thinking about the possibility of baptism now. I always felt that she would decide to find out if that is what she should do. We also helped the Grantham’s clean up their yard a bit because Brother Grantham is getting older and has a hard time with all that.

Saturday
·         How did I help others today?
We went and saw Micah today and taught him about missionary work. We more so just talked to him about what he has considered and encouraged him to keep seeking. We also went with Brother Wells (less active) to the Coast Guard base. We were able to have some great conversation with him and see what is going on and how he feels about the Church. He is a great guy!
·         What did I learn?
Today I learned that tons of us feel guilty all the time about every little thing, even when it is completely unnecessary. I do it a ton. I realized today that this is one of Satan’s tools to push us down. We do not need to be discouraged or feel guilty about dumb things. Gotta just put the little things behind you and keep moving forward. When we do that and don’t quit we conquer Satan. He wants us to quit.
·         How did someone help me?
Elder Bochenek had a gift card so we went to Bonefish Grill. I got a Kobe Beef Burger. Delicious! Best beef ever! We also made a sweet video. Elder Bochenek pretended to be a Baptist and I was a Mormon talk show host. It was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment