Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday 8/5/2013 – Sunday 8/11/2013

Monday was P-day and I found out that I will be going to Crestview 1st Ward. I also will be a Zone Leader. I was so surprised to learn that when I read the transfer board. I thought that I would be here for at least one more transfer. We went bowling for our P-day activity and that was way fun. Got my hair cut by Sister Eubanks. Ate with the Long's who I really love. They are a really cool family. I will miss this ward a lot and they will be remembered forever. Sister Curry called me at the end of the night asking me to come see her tomorrow. She had been talking to my Mom about me and being transferred.

Tuesday we had a good District Meeting and then helped Pine Forest set up the Pine Forest Sisters apartment. Then we had our District activity and went biking on a trail. I would call it mountain biking, but there was no mountain. Tried to see a few people. Stopped by the McGuire's and said bye to a few of them. Played volleyball because the Sisters wanted to get that going to get some non-members out and share a message. Only TJ came and it was good to see him before I left. Then we stopped by the Porter's and they gave me a tie which was awesome. Well Alec did. He has a lot of really good ties. Then went home and planned a bit then packed.

Wednesday we ate with Brother Eubanks. Good brats. Then he took us to transfers where I got on to head to Crestview. Had a frosty, Elder Winter found me, I met some of the missionaries in our Zone and then went home to unpack. We also met the Taylor's at transfers. They are a really cool family and really easy to get along with. We also went and taught Devin and Johnny. They both have baptism dates. This area has 5 baptismal dates. I am excited to be here. Elder Winter is really awesome too.

Thursday we had weekly planning. It went well. There was a little more to plan for then normal ones I have had. We have to plan for trade-offs and miles for the other missionaries. Had dinner with the Cochrin's and they are nice. Brother Cochrin kept giving us more and more pizza. Then we got to teach Andy. He is a really cool guy and will definitely be baptized. He has a date.

Friday was a really slow day. Started with talking to the Bailey's, a senior couple, and telling them about the ward. Then we biked a bunch and met a guy named Gentry. He is cool and has hope. Ate din-din at home. Brother Ratcliff brought us food. He got us a pizza and that was good. Taught a recent convert named Ben Barbecho. Really cool guy. His wife is a gator and is really cool as well. Then we went and saw Johnny and talked to him about how he pulled his own wisdom teeth. Pretty crazy! Then we had to call everyone in the Zone.

Saturday we taught the Barbecho's and set a baptism date of 9/7 with Sister Barbecho. Taught Johnny, Chuck, and did service and taught a little lesson to the Fluher's.

Sunday we had to speak in sacrament. Just short little 3 minute talks. Good ward thus far. Went home teaching with Brother Taylor. Went to see Sister Thomas. Ate at the Wyatt's with the Boyette's there as well. Taught Devin a lesson and also taught Andy a lesson. We have been teaching a ton and having a lot of lessons and a lot of success.


No comments:

Post a Comment