Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday 5/6/2013 – Sunday 5/12/2013

Monday we shopped, emailed and I got a haircut. Cleaned my bathroom and did laundry. I also bought some running shoes on the internet. They are way cool looking! I am excited to get them. Then we had dinner with the Long's and it was tasty. Then we rode to Marcy's on bike and then remembered that she had moved, so we went and saw TJ. He was in Daytona and went to church all 3 weeks that he was there and also went to the temple and he felt the Spirit strong in the visitors center.

Tuesday we had our second day of good workouts and I hope they keep getting better. We will get ripped!! Today was also District Meeting and it was awesome. Elder Smith gave us a great lesson. Our appointment with Becky fell through so we dropped her…sadly...Denisha, Charles and Jessica fell through and we dropped them too. Dinner fell through so we ended up doing some service for the Mullican's in the ward. They need help cleaning up their yard. Fun day!

Wednesday we made some calls to get some lessons set up. Did some service for Brother Gunn and talked to Sharon about getting some lessons going more consistently. Then we went to talk to Marcus and see how he has been. He has been busy so we are going to have to give him a call in a couple weeks. Dropped off a DVD to Trish and then headed to Brother Cline's to get an inventory of his stuff that he is donating to the mission. Had some dinner at Waffle House. That place is good! Then we had coordination which I think went well. We discussed a lot of things that I think we needed to discuss.

Thursday we had weekly planning which helped a lot. Best thing today was teaching Marcy and TJ. We taught TJ and he wants to be baptized the same day as Marcy so we have two BCD's on May 18th! It is exciting! Then we had dinner with the Booren's and then headed to the church to play basketball. We had 16 guys this time and Brother Booren did the lesson so that was awesome! He got them pretty involved in the lesson too!

Friday TJ fell through but we taught Marcy with Brother Jennings and Sister Judkin's. We had 7 total lessons. Taught Sister Hall (less active), Sister Long (member), 2 new gators, McArthur's (member) and Brother McGuire (less active). Had a lot of fun!

Saturday the highlights of the day were first teaching Marcy again. This time the McArthur's came and drove us over. Then went to a baptism with Sharon and Mike and I really think Sharon is getting excited and wants to be baptized. Then we taught her a lesson with the Watsons, a senior couple there. Taught Sister Simmon's (less active). Then ate at the Jordan's house. I am trying a new one plate for dinner diet so I don't gain weight. Don't wanna get fat. I also ran over a beer bottle on my bike. Thank goodness for the self sealing tube.

Sunday was Mother's Day!!! Got to call home, but first was church. Marcy and Sharon both came! The meetings were great and I felt the Spirit so strong in sacrament meeting. Brother Booren taught a really good lesson in gospel principles, then we spent all day at the Schoonover's calling our families. It was so awesome. I have grown to love them so much while on my mission. I really miss them and am excited to be able to see them again when I get home. I called my Dad and then I Skyped Mom, Sean, Zachary, Natalie and Todd. It was awesome! Then I busted up with the Schoonover's for a long time while Elder Smith called his family. Dinner was great over there as well!

Found out today on Monday the 13th that I will be staying in Fox Run this transfer and I am now the District Leader. It was fun not being District Leader last Transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment